Friday, September 3, 2010

Bin Hogs: Your Day is Over!

The Airlines are finally getting smart about flying more efficiently. Now I wish the public would do the same. Bin Hogs: Your day is up. I've spent a life time flying around the world, in and out numerous times at luxurious state-of-the-art airports and those in the Third World that the average American tourist would have an immediate anxiety reaction. I've been there, done that, and bought the tee-shirt. There is nothing I haven't seen, nothing I haven't experienced, so I speak with a lot of authority. I loved George Clooney in "Up in the Air." I said to myself "Aha!" -the guy who wrote this funny movie script has experienced my real life in check-in and security lines and like me, knows exactly who NOT to get behind in a security checkpoint. Today I want to talk about Bin Hogs. Or Bin-Pigs. Or selfish people who have no regard for anyone else's space other than their own and then have the audacity to take another one that doesn't belong to them.
You know who you are. You know your Big Rollie won't fit, and you've broken the rules by carrying an extra purse, a lap-top bag, a shopping bag from Trader Joe's and a bag that contains a big stuffed toy for your grandchild. I'm on a flight back from San Francisco on Virgin America Airlines and watching the fun as you try to argue your way into carrying all this crap on to the flight. God bless the watchmen at Virgin America. Thank God they've commenced the crack-down on this exemplification of American rudeness. After shaking her down and telling her to stow all that crap, she kept up an argument when she got to her seat and demanded to speak to the on-duty Gate Manager. Give him the Medal of Honor. He didn't budge. Put her in her place and told her the argument was over. Next to me was a young kid with a shaved head. He looked at my (single) (small) military style backpack (laying at my feet) and asked me if I was a veteran. "Yes," I said. He replied, "Can you believe this? All I want to do is get this plane off the ground so I can get home." We both had a good chuckle. "Tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan and The Wicked Witch of the West holds up our plane in San Francisco!" You got it son, we've got some really rude, selfish, self-centered whining cry-babies in our population. What they don't understand is Virgin America Airlines is one of the best Airlines flying the skys currently. Thanks, Virgin America for sticking to your guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment