Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Dirty River Band at Bangkok Blues

2 February 2010: The first move away from my old site for those who are tuning into this for the first time. I'll have to get used to it. This message is mainly directed toward those who followed my stories about Asia or my love for Bluegrass music. I attended a unique event this past weekend at the Bangkok Blues Restaurant and club in Falls Church. Several people approached me and asked me why I shut down my other site. It was good to get their feedback and I provided the reasons. Good to know that somebody was following my bluegrass news items. The event at Bangkok Blues: organized by Matt Slocum of the D.C. Bluegrass Union, it was a six-hour fundraiser for the first-ever D.C. Bluegrass Union concert and workshop to be presented at Langley Highschool in McLean in March of this year. The Association needs your bucks and your support. Our area's own "Dirty River Band" headlined the event and provided an excellent, well-wrought performance.

No comments: